Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Friday, February 9, 2018

Women in Horror Month #4: S.L. Perrine, The Witch Writer


Hey all!  I've known today's guest for years and interacted with her regularly on social media, so it occurs to me she's long overdue to stop by the blog.  Let's meet the talented author of horror and fantasy S.L. Perrine, then jump right into the interview!

About S.L. Perrine:




S.L. Perrine is a wife to a mechanic and mother of four crazy teenagers (3 are boys) who eat her out of house and home. While raising her children, she has obtained three degrees; Associates in Art and Criminal Justice is among them. She now works to feed this bunch as a Registered Medical Assistant in a private physician's office in the city she currently resides. She is a native of Schenectady and Saratoga Springs, New York, having spent equal time growing up in both cities.

She writes fantasy, romance, and horror, and is known as being 'The Witch Writer,' because of her series THE CRAWFORD WITCH CHRONICLES.

You can find her on Facebook, her websiteInstagramTwitter, and Amazon.

Interview:


SK: How are you involved in the world of horror?

SLP:  I have two short stories in horror anthologies. CROSSROADS IN THE DARK II & III from Burning Willow Press, LLC. I’ve been writing a continuation of the story "Dream Sequence" from CROSSROADS II, but it seems to have gone stale. I have recently finished and signed a vampire series with Hot Ink Press. It could be considered horror.

SK:  Who or what terrifies you?

SLP:  The idea of death. I didn’t ever latch on to any particular belief of an after-life. When I think of my death I picture a black void where my subconscious will reside for all eternity. It’s going to be boring as hell.

SK:  Are there unique challenges to being a woman in horror or do you feel like gender is irrelevant?

SLP:  I don’t see gender when I think of genre. Maybe there are a few souls out there who think only men are capable of coming up with things that will truly make someone quake. However, we’ve given birth. We know what real pain is and how to describe it in full detail. Women have set a new precedent for sure. I think over time initials will disappear again. Women will be seen as the truly horrific creatures that we are, and all will be right with the world. Until then, I’ll just keep writing. I don’t find I have any challenges, except that it may take someone looking at my books for other reasons before they realize there is a definite fear factor in them.

SK:  Who are your favorite female horror icons?

SLP:  Believe it or not I don’t have any. I don’t read horror. When I do I have nightmares, but I can write it all day. I don’t watch horror movies either, or at least I try not to.

SK: What are you working on/promoting currently? Why should folks check it out?

SLP:  I’m releasing book II in the BLOOD RITES trilogy, TURNING THE STONE on January 26th. (SK: This interview was conducted a few weeks before posting. It's available now!) It’s a paranormal fiction with a bit of horror hidden inside. One scene describes a mother having her child cut from her, but not willingly. It’s horrific to say the least.

My next release will be the first in my vampire series. THE DARKER SIDE OF ME will debut in March.

About TURNING THE STONE:



"Love Cares Little for Names and War"

In 1868, Seraphina Crawford created a safe world for witches to grow and live without fear. Her immortal magic was transferred into a ring, so that she may grow older and wiser to become the matriarch of a long line of High Priestesses. Though in her early twenties, she took the power back, living an unnaturally long life until she’d given it up for good. However, the next in line for her powers would not be able to access the magic within the ring. There was a failsafe. Only when the right Crawford witch was in need of it, the ring would open.

The year is now 1996. Gwendolyn Crawford is preparing to take the powers of her family. To become the high priestess of the coven of The Silver Shadows. She was eager to help the covens heal the rift between them. Little did she know the way to heal such a rift was to right the wrongs of her ancestor and risk her heart and her life.

Silas Sigmis Jr., the high priest of The Black Willow was only following orders given to him by his father. He hadn’t thought of what the consequences of his actions would be until he came face to face with the Crawford girl. Her long raven hair and sapphire eyes caught him off guard as much as her power.

Two people who should have been at odds with each other will soon find they are each other’s only allies. Even amongst their own families.

This book can be read as a standalone but is the second installment of the BLOOD RITES trilogy.

Start the series today with Book 1 BLOOD RITES.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)