Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Friday, January 2, 2015

Anthology Acceptance Announcement: BRAVE NEW GIRLS

http://bravenewgirls.weebly.com/

Anybody feeling ready for a bit of a departure?  I'm pleased to announce that my short story, "The Keys to the Stars" has been accepted for a (get ready for this - you might want to sit down)

- Young Adult
- Science Fiction

anthology!  Not my normal milieu on two counts, but are we any better than animals if we never stretch our wings?  (Except for, you know, birds, which constantly stretch their wings.)  I'm actually rather proud of the way my story turned out, although apparently being ten doesn't make you a "young adult" according to the genre Gestapo, so I guess my protagonist's age is getting changed somewhat.

Aaaaaaanyway, what is NOT so strange for me is that this is a charity anthology and the money it raises will be going to a good cause, which is encouraging young girls to take up careers in the STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) fields.  I work for the Navy in my day job and so far the Navy and this anthology are the only two entities I've seen really pushing STEM as important to our nation's future.  Which, you know, it is.

So remain glued in your chair, constantly pressing refresh on my blog for updates.  The antho won't be coming out until June 15, but I could really use the blog hits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)