Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Monday, November 10, 2014

Very Sad News Today...

I was very saddened today to hear about the passing of J.F. Gonzalez, one of horror's great authors.  I don't know anything about what happened, but I'm saddened by his loss and offer my condolences to his friends, family, and loved ones. 

I didn't know Mr. Gonzalez personally, but I did have the great honor of meeting him once, around this time last year.  I wrote a guest blogpost about it and the advice he gave me as a brand new horror author.  I remember him being warm, personable, and having a very wry sense of humor.  I regret now that I'll never get the chance to get to know him better. 

I'm not sure what the appropriate thing to say in a situation like this is, but when an author passes away we are fortunate that his work remains as a legacy and a way to remember him.  So maybe now would be a good time to pick up one of his books.


This is me (center) with Gonzalez (left) and his frequent collaborator Brian Keene (right)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)