Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

BRAINEATER JONES Cartoon (Second Batch of Sketches)

Hey all!  This past weekend our incredible animator Zee Risek sent voicover artist Steve Rimpici and I some more sketches for the BRAINEATER JONES animated series so I thought I'd share them with you now.  (If you never saw the first batch of sketches, check them out here.)

Jones holds his flask with a stylized shadow, I'm guessing from the Venetian blinds in his office

Jones holds Alcibé's birdcage.  (I love the way Jones has his hand in his pocket.  It shows so much of his character without a word.)

The Old Man!  There's so much going on here.  Awesome.

The Big Gorilla with his best friend the dishcloth.

Here's Alcibé, Jones, and the bartender.  I love the size comparison.  Doesn't the barkeep look like he could just wreck up your world?

Jones and a barfly at Hallowed Grounds.  Look at the expression on Jones's face!  Could he look any more like a miserable drunk?  And compare it to the smile on the other guy!  

Jones, the head, and the barfly.

In this one Jones is wearing a hat.  I find it really hard to pick which I like better.

6 comments:

  1. These are awesome! This is going to be so cool! I can't wait for more. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, ?wazi! I'm really impressed. Zee is amazing!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Melanie! Our animator, Zee, is really impressive.

      Delete
  3. This is really amazing! Zee is such a talented artist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It's incredible what he was able to do. Thanks for the comment, Becky!

      Delete

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)