Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Monday, May 3, 2010

The Neighbors Are Zombies 12

EXT. THE FULTON LAWN - DAYBREAK
(JESSE, GREG)

JESSE COMES RUNNING UP TO THE HOUSE. GREG IS ON THE PORCH. HE STANDS UP AND INTERCEPTS HIS SON.

GREG

Where did you run off to?

JESSE

The police station. I told Detective Bullet everything, and he believed me.

GREG

Detective Red Bullet is as cracked as your fat Aunt Fanny's glass toilet.

JESSE

But dad...!

GREG

No buts. Now I talked to Mrs. Zombie and she told me to bring you over now to apologize.

GREG GRABS JESSE AND STARTS TO DRAG HIM OVER TO THE ZOMBIES' HOUSE. OF COURSE, JESSE IS SQUIRMING LIKE A CAT. GREG KNOCKS ON THE DOOR. SLOWLY, CREEPILY, THE DOOR OPENS AND ANNE IS STANDING THERE. SURPRISED BY HER APPEARANCE, GREG TAKES A STEP BACK.

ANNE

Greg?

GREG

Uh, yes.

ANNE

Hi, I'm Anne Zombie.

THEY SHAKE HANDS.

ANNE

And this must be Jesse.

JESSE IS QUAKING, TERRIFIFED, TRYING TO HIDE BEHIND HIS DAD, BUT OF COURSE HIS DAD IS TRYING TO THRUST HIM INTO THE CLUTCHES OF THE ZOMBIES.

ANNE

Don't worry, Jesse. We won't bite.

GREG

Well, then. Jesse, you come right back as soon as the Zombies are done with you.

GREG THRUSTS HIS SON TOWARDS THE DOOR. ANNE DRAWS HIM INSIDE, A LA A BLACK AND WHITE ZOMBIE MOVIE, WITH HANDS DRAGGING THE SCREAMING VICTIM INTO A DOORWAY.

2 comments:

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)