Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Saturday, January 9, 2010

HOLY SHIT! A FUCKING YEAR! THAT’S RI-GOD-DAMNED-DICULOUS!

A year? Really? A fucking year? That’s fucking crazy! But apparently so. One year ago today I started this blog with the humble aspiration of becoming history’s greatest writer. And I think by now it’s clear to everyone that that’s well, pretty much come to pass.

Wow. A year. Jesus. Think about all that’s happened in the past year. Um, actually, nothing springs to mind. There was that moron in the balloon. This is kind of what our society’s been reduced to. Worrying about morons that aren’t in balloons. Oh, I know what happened. That guy died. You know the one I mean.

Hmm, what else? Oh, health care. Everyone hated their health care up until somebody offered to change it. Sort of like when a baby’s not playing with a ball, but then if another baby tries to pick it up, it becomes a big god-damned deal.

What else? Well, okay reminiscing. Let’s reminisce about the blog. Okay, well we’ve fully posted two full manuscripts, being, of course, the legendary Eternity Burning and the less than legendary Terrifying Revenge of the B Movie. Revenge was definitely a much lighter note after the heavy, heavy EB.

We finished a brilliant, brand new novel in November, with periodic updates! Not that you’ll be seeing that on Manuscripts Burn anytime soon. Oh, no. Braineater Jones is definitely palatable to human beings. (With special thanks to Greg Lynn Murals for the cover! Cheapest cover art I ever got – one bottle of Sailor Jerry’s Rum. Well, also only cover art I ever got.)

I’ll tell you what else happened. We all mourned the passing of Life on Mars. History’s greatest show. But there is no better memorial than the outpouring of support on Manuscripts Burn. From me. And also that one other guy that commented on it. Thanks, Tom.

In other blog news, we changed formats multiple times. Just recently we switched from a 7 day a week update to a more reasonable 3 day a week update. Earlier in the year I came to grips with the fact that I can’t create a multimedia event on demand, even if it does drive up blog stats. Oh, but you should thoroughly check out our newest multimedia event here:



It’s an anniversary! It’s crazy! It’s celebrating. Feel free to share your reminiscences. Or, just do what you normally do and say nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)