Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Sunday, May 10, 2009

World Map

Well, I've made a decision. The next manuscript we'll be burning here will be a full length novel, so strap in for about the next year as Manuscripts Burns presents: THE LAST WAR.

This was a difficult decision to come to because I spent a LONG time writing "The Last War." Re-reading it, though, I see that it had a pretty warped idea of the world's sociopolitical environment. Even at the time I wrote it I knew it was a little outlandish, but now with a little bit of distance I see that it is absolutely farcical. For evidence, take a look at today's multimedia event, a map of the world situation during the Last War. That's right, the Mongols came back in a BIG way.

As I said, we're talking full length novel here (about 111,000 words) so this could take a while. I think it's sompletely entertaining and as I mentioned earlier the only reason we're burning it is because it's exceedingly naive and outlandish in terms of what the next world war will look like. But take some time to familiarize yourself with the map because tomorrow we take the plunge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)